We brought some fresh coffee fruit home from Trinidad for Lux and he literally made coffee from scratch.
Here’s his process:
- Remove the seeds from the fruit.
- Soak the seeds in water for 24-48 hours.
- Dry them out in a food dehydrator (it’s winter, so sun drying wasn’t an option).
- Roast them on the stovetop until the oil starts showing on the surface of the beans.
- Cool them off before grinding them - I’ve accidentally melted a burr grinder from not waiting long enough
(Thanks to Lux for sending me these photos)